Posted to rec.woodworking
John DeBoo

Default Adding Caster wheels to Table Saw?

I did with mine since my shop is small and I often have to move things
about in order to use them. I made an oak frame from old pallets and
mounted the Harbor Freight wheels to it. Did the same for my jointer.
Works like a champ!
John

bdeditch wrote:
Is a person able to just add locking caster wheels to a heavy Table saw
instead of buying a lift plate for one? I just purchased a Craftsman
22104 and the weight of 300 lbs makes it a bit hard to just push into
the corner when I am done. I was just thinking of purchasing 4 good
size rubber wheel casters and bolting them on each leg. I trust the
judgement of the more experienced woodworkers out in this group. This
is my first major Table saw purchase and don't want to wreck it by
pushing it with force.