Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney

Default One More Flooring Question (Vabor Barrier)

On 2005-12-06, JTurner wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the felt pad that has a plastic
moisture barrier on top of it ? LL told me i could use this instead of
using the moisture barrier beaneath the subfloor. I decided to go with
both so the layers will go.

I'm no expert, but I'm under the impression that two moisture barriers
is a bad idea, because any moisture that ever makes it in between them
will never dissipate. Of course, since you are nailing the plywood to
the concrete, you'll be puncturing the lower moisture barrier alot.

Wayne