Posted to rec.woodworking
evodawg

Default Buying USA?

After spending sometime shopping this weekend, (which I hate) I'm finding
out that nothing is made in the USA anymore. Most is made in China. With
all this money going overseas to china, is there a chance we could be
supporting the Chinease Military? Scary thought.

Also, spent some time checking out Rockler's Pre Christmas sale, I noticed
most of what I was interested in was made in China. It also occurred to me
that other woodworking retailers offer the same products but under their
name. Is most of this stuff manufactured in China and their name stamped on
it? So you're really getting the samething only with different names?

Does Lee Valley or others as an example sell more made in the USA products
than say Rockler? And does anyone know of a list, broken down by category
of made in the USA products? Example: Tools, Furniture, Building products
etc.

Just a little concerned about all this $$$$ going to China and our
politicians and retail manufactures promoting this idea. Is National
Security an issue? Not to mention all the jobs lost to this practice.

Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"