Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default PING: Charles Self

"Greg G." wrote in message
Larry Blanchard said:

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 14:32:41 -0500, Greg G. wrote:

I agree with that. I wouldn't even use NotePad. It has some surprisingly
severe limitations that aren't apparent if you're just writing 2 and 3K
documents. There's a NotePad+ freeware substitute out in networld
somewhere that's installed as a substitute on every computer I get my
hands on. Far, far better than the native NotePad.

Never claimed to _use_NotePad, only suggesting it as a possible
solution.
I use UltraEdit, and back in the good-old DOS days, used Qedit by
Semware
- which was then a local company.

There's always vi.

Ah, yes. But I have to write this stuff on Windoze, not *nix.
We are MVPs~ for SQL and Access DB stuff.
While there is WinVi, it's spotty and doesn't provide hex editing.
And I refuse to use an editor named Elvis... ;-)

I'm not sure where Note Pad came from in the discussion. I mentioned, or
meant to, a low priced program I bought about three years ago, called Note
Tab Pro. It's actually pretty easy to use, but, IIRC (haven't used it in a
couple years) is one helluva long ways from WSIWYG unless you have broadband
or a lot more patience than I was born with.