Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DE

Default ideas for rapid fire golf ball launcher

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 21:21:12 -0800, (daniel
peterman) wrote:

Somebody gave me about a hundred pounds of golf balls. They are just
sitting in a bag out in the back yard.
Since I suck at goll and most other sports it got me to thinking that I
may be able to launch these things in some other way than whacking them
with a 3 wood (which for some reason I have at least 4 of).
So, the question is..
how should I craft a machine to fling these things in a rapid fire
fashion very fast and very far?
Compressed air might work, spinning wheels a la tennis ball practice
machine?
gunpowder is not even an option (too loud).
Any better Ideas?

Take a look at one of these--
http://www.bloomautomatic.com/

Look might usefull to me, taming the squirrels robbing
the bird feeder, neighbors cat in the flower bed. Use your
imagination.. Looks to be an afternoon project for a HSM
type. Anyone have a good blank load for a 223?

DE