Richard W.

Default Value of pristine Lodge & Shipley Lathe

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
I have an opportunity to obtain a pristine Lodge & Shipley Lathe, Model

1610
Power Turn, 18" x 54", it is 11 ft long, 5 ft deep, with taper attachment,
steady rest, follower rest, 2 speed tail stock, 12" 3 jaw chuck, 16" 4 jaw
chuck, 14" 4 jaw chuck, Jacobs chuck with collets, trans gears, tool post
grinder (external) and a slew of rocker tool posts and holders. This

machine
was manufactured '69. Never used in a production environment, only in a
maintenance capacity in a print shop. The only fault on this machine is

some
dings in the original paint! No rust and no wear anywhere! This machine
weighs 9,000 lbs and it has all the original paperwork and manuals. I know
the value of smaller machines, but with this I have no clue. Obviously,

this
is not your garden variety home machine, but I do not intend to let this

go.
This machine is equipped with a 10 HP 3ph motor and an English lead screw.
This lathe will cut from 1 TPI to 256 TPI .Please help with your best

guess
of current market value.
Steve

I can't say what they are going for right now, but here on the West coast
they were asking around $12,000 for them three or four years ago. What they
are worth now, I am not sure. If it were me and I had the money I would get
it. I know several people who would buy a Lodge over a Monarch and I am one
of them.

Richard W.