Conrad Edwards

Default Electrical wire over or under loft insulation??????? Please help!

"Laurie" wrote in message ...
Wow,

Thank you both for your answers, the roof space in question is only ever
going to carry lighting and the max loading at present is 800w therefore
3and a bit Amps max under normal conditions, so will apply regs/OSG as
suggested, but expect you are both right and I can put cables under
insulation. Will probably tack to side of joists as well.

Happiness is a bank holiday spent wiring!!!!!

Laurie

In my loft there wasn't too much cable leeway so I insulated between
the joists, then insulated over the top with a second layer leaving a
small channel for the cable runs to go along. Where there were
bathroom halogen lights, I left this bit uncovered. It's now pretty
obvious where the cable runs are if I need to trace one.