Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein

Default Does halogen bulb last longer if not "dimmmed"?

In article , CJT wrote:

Don Klipstein wrote:

The offending fluorescents in my case were CFs purchased only a few
months ago. In the future I'll watch for the indicators you suggest,
but I suspect these are premium bulbs you're talking about.

CFs now and for the past at least couple years usually are "The Good
Stuff" if they were not dollar store items. They have some tendency to
make greenish things more so, although my experience is that most brownish
things are rendered a bit more orangish by these lamps as opposed to
greenish.

Then again, I like to buy my sweaters in places where they look good
under warm/warmish color triphosphor fluorescent light.
Then-then-again, such a sweater and my face could look a bit greenish
at the office party if the lighting there is old-tech "halophosphor"
fluorescent. If you need to wear clothes that have just the right color
in specific lighting situations, then try the clothes out under such
lights, and buy such clothes from places where the return policy is good
enough to allow refund if the clothes looked ugly under your workplace
lighting.

- Don Klipstein )