Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg G.

Default PING: Charles Self

Brad Curfman said:

Greg G. wrote:

You are using layers (DIV tags) in your pages. Unfortunately, these
use fixed locations, and different fonts will cause the problems you
are seeing on certain browsers. As the fonts scale up and down,
taking varying amounts of real-estate on the screen, the Layers stay
stationary, fixed at a certain percentage or pixels from the top and
left side.

Layers are what you should be using now that CSS support has matured in
all browsers. CSS support is not perfect in all browsers, but I have
found that it is adequate to do what I want for my personal website. You
can specify if a layer has a fixed or variable size, and you can specify
if it's location is fixed or dynamic.

It wasn't clear, but I meant explicitly positioned layers.
i.e. - top = 50 left = 35
It's been a problem here, but only when font sizes change due to bad
equivalencies or user configuration.

FWIW,

Greg G.