Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What to fill knot holes with?

Toller wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
nk.net...
Subject

No matter how you try to match a filler color with the walnut, the results
will SUCK.

It will look like a little kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie
jar, IMHO.

What about a contrasting color like filling the entire hole with BLACK?

If you think that will work, get back to me, tell you how I'd do it.

Okay, black could work. How, what?

I'm not the guy you're asking, but here are some
suggestions (his will probably be better).

You can use auto body filler (bondo) or spackling
compound or mix sawdust with epoxy and then after
the patch is cured and planed/scraped/sanded smooth
paint it. If you feel really artistic you can get some
artists' oil paints and a a fine brush and paint a knot
on the patch.

ISTR that you can mix tempura paint pigments
directly into epoxy.

Then there is JB Weld...

--

FF