Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman

Default Need to heat a 2 stall garage.

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:07:06 -0600, Taunt
wrote:

I'll check into it. I guessing I'd have to cut a hole for the exhaust, I
don't know if I want to do that. ????

Do it, it's always worth the trouble. Two words: "Carbon Monoxide"

Other useful words are "Oxygen Depletion" and "excessive moisture",
but the first two should have gotten the message across. Only use a
vented type heater in an occupied enclosed space, and make sure
there's a path for makeup combustion air, no "Super-sealed" rooms.

And check it at installation, and again every year or so, to make
sure the burner is operating with a nice blue flame and that the stack
is clear and drawing properly. Checking the draft can be as simple as
lighting the heater, snuffing a match in front of the draft diverter,
and watching the smoke trail.

The life you save may be your own. "Dirt Naps" are forever.

There's a very good reason why all permanent and portable non-vented
space heaters are illegal in many places. The laws are usually
written after a local tragedy.

-- Bruce --

Graduate, So Cal Gas Co. "Appliance Service Clinic" training course.
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545