Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Cusack

Default Which is more economical - electric or natural gas water heater?

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 15:22:53 -0500 "Bob Pietrangelo" wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I know they're expensive, but have you considered an "on-demand"
natural gas hot water system? The initial cost is high, but the
payback is supposed to be quite substantial since you're not heating
water for nothing while you're not using it.

On-demand water heaters do not produce enough water for multiple showers,
especially in the winter. They also are more prone to mineral build-up in
the coils. I do not recommend them for anything more than a small
apartment.

http://www.takagi.com/web2003/c07.htm

77 deg. F. rise, 3-5 gpm.

Of course you have to get the big one to run 2 showers ) but
it is possible. And the M-1 can be chained together up to 20-deep
for large flow capacity.

-frank