Posted to rec.woodworking
Brad Curfman

Default PING: Charles Self

Brad Curfman wrote:
Greg G. wrote:

If you want to get a feel for how powerful CSS is, visit
http://www.csszengarden.com

I just went back to the previous thread on your site and saw that Dave
already pointed you to this site. When I first stumbled upon this CSS
goldmine, I spent a few hours learning basic CSS. Most of my learning
came by modifying the css file to see the effect.

I understand that not everyone wants to take the time to learn something
new, but if you're serious about layout on your site, you really need to
use CSS.

Nvu is a free WYSIWYG HTML editor with CSS support. It isn't as polished
as Dreamweaver or Frontpage, but it is free.

I only use a text editor with syntax coloring (TextPad) for modifying my
site. I've been writing HTML for over 10 years now, and know enough for
what I need to use. I know enough CSS that I can write it without a CSS
editor, but I do consult CSS references for help when doing something new.

I'm not one of those people who brag about using a text editor and mock
those who use tools such as Dreamweaver. For the amount of HTML
authoring I do, those tools aren't necessary. I used Dreamweaver when
building a website for one of my clients a few years back and loved it -
especially the template feature. Now, all of the web application
development I do for clients is back end Java stuff, so the only UI work
I get to do now is my personal site.

--
Brad Curfman
http://www.curfman.net