Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
carl mciver

Default Need to heat a 2 stall garage.

"Taunt" wrote in message
news:OW1lf.3899$fz5.901@dukeread04...
| It's getting a little chilli in the garage and need to buy a heater.
|
| Pros and cons?
|
| Propane?
| Kerosene?
| Oil filled electric?
|
| TIA, Jack

I have a couple 20# bottles and one of those Coleman radiant heaters
that sits on top of one. Crack the garage door a bit and light it up on
max. When it's near freezing it keeps me toasty inside, but the heat leaves
quickly if I have to open the door. The advantage for me is portability.
Near the end of soccer season the weather turns to **** and I bring the
heater out on the field for the parents/kids to warm up with. Now if
someone will bring a shelter or something to break the wind, it would be
almost like home!
I also put some of that Styrofoam with the Mylar lining inside my metal
garage door. Cut to fit and glued it all in. Makes it brighter inside and
works wonders for keeping condensation down and avoiding the massive heat
loss. Back the heater up to the door and the whole garage gets nice. If I
got another heater for my other bottle I'd roast myself out of there, which
would feel really nice sometimes!