Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Taunt

Default Need to heat a 2 stall garage.

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Rex B" wrote: (clip) A couple of 500W halogen worklights over the work
area put out quite a bit of radiant heat.
Yep. Total energy added to the room is 1 kw. But, at the current cost of
electricity (and expected to go up) that can add substantially to your
electric bill. Whatever form of heat you end up getting, consider this
also: most garages have no ceiling, so the heat rises, and it takes a lot
extra before you get any benefit down where you are standing. If this is
true of your shop, you could get a lot of benefit by installing any kind of
fan that pulls air downward toward the floor. I have seen people use a
vertical duct taking suction at the top and discharging near the floor.

My garage is fully finished out (walls and ceiling).