Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Peter Grey

Default Need to heat a 2 stall garage.

I use two types of propane heater, the use of either depending on how cold
it is. I have a "Mr. Heater" that sits on top of a propane tank and heats
locally. I use this most of the time. I just move it around in back of
where I'm standing - it gives about a six foot by six foot area of
toastiness. I also have a heater that looks and sounds a little like a jet
engine that heats a larger area, but is noisy and has an odor that's not
horrible but is noticeable. I use this to take the edge off the chill when
it's pretty cold out and will often use this before firing up the smaller
heater.

Keep in mind I live in San Francisco so my idea of cold in temperature in
the forties. I also have a very small shop - about two hundred square feet
with a ceiling about ten feet high. Having said that, I used the Mr. Heater
when my shop was a thousand square feet with thirty foot ceilings and it
still worked well for localized heating.

Peter

"Taunt" wrote in message
It's getting a little chilli in the garage and need to buy a heater.

Pros and cons?

Propane?
Kerosene?
Oil filled electric?