Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Need to heat a 2 stall garage.

Dave Hinz wrote:
On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:11:54 -0600, Taunt wrote:

wrote:

Kerosene will make you sick if your in there too much. Its happened to
me when I tried heating with it thru athe winter. I'd go with Propane.

Thanks, that's the kind of things I need to know.

I have used a propane "mushroom heater" for many years. No electricity,
just a 20 pound cylinder as a fuel source. LOTS of heat, right now.

Come to think of it, I do use one of those $40 heads from HF that
attaches to my propane tank. It's about time to dig that out. For no
bigger than it is, it does produce good usable heat almost immediately,
and a propane tank lasts quite a long time.
It's a bit too localized for my shop (steel building, high ceiling,
but it knocks the chill off till the woodstove catches up.

Rex