Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Lobby Dosser

Default A mixed dozen of myths, verities and illogicals. You decide which.

"George" George@least wrote:

"Bjarte Runderheim" wrote in message
Illogicality:
This one is asking for hurt eyes, or worse.
I have a cracked and dented faceshield to prove you wrong.

Or not.

I have 25 years of turning with glasses to match your mask. Of
course, it's because of the way I turn, where I never stand in the
throw zone, drop, don't launch shavings, and gave up quickly on
techniques of roughing which involved spur centers.

All it takes is One. No matter how many years preceded it. I never stand
in the throw zone, etc, etc, but a couple years ago I had a bowl blow up
on a hidden fault in the blank. Since I was turning at a fair clip,
pieces flew all over the shop - including one that caught me right at the
top of the mask and left a gouge in it.

Oh, and I also wear seatbelts.