Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Cleaning a Talon chuck?

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 03:07:23 GMT, "Mike Stone"
wrote:

My Talon chuck is getting "sticky" when trying to open or close the jaws.
The Oneway manual says to soak the chuck briefly in mineral spirits along
with "about 10% oil" and then blow it dry.

I'm wondering- what kind of oil? The manual doesn't specify.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike Stone

I cleaned mine on it's 1 year anniversary...

All it needed was brushing and a few spots of dried finish from bowls scraped
off with a wood scraper...

I sprayed all the parts with dry lube and put it back together... works like
new, just like it always has..
It's a pretty bullet proof chuck, as long as you don't force it open and break
the stop pin.. DAMHIKT

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing