Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default Conventional Cordless VSR Drill

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 07:37:04 -0600, "Barry N. Turner"
wrote:

I'm using a conventional 9.6 volt Panasonic cordless drill for power sanding
with no complaints. Actually, it works pretty well. On the high range top
speed is 1500 rpm, which is plenty fast for sanding. I had the battery
rebuilt at a Batteries Plus for half the cost of a new one. Does anyone
else use a conventional drill for sanding?

Barry

I still use my Craftsman corded 3/8 VSR drill for a lot of sanding... especially
on the deeper, narrow stuff...
The close quarter drill is great when it's shallow or wide enough to fit inside,
but sometimes the extra "reach" of a conventional drill is easier than
extensions or added pads (I also use them) on an angle drill..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing