Posted to rec.woodworking
LRod

Default PING: Charles Self

On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 16:29:34 -0500, Greg wrote:

I've worked with HTML in the past, and, truthfully, I can't really deal with
the boredom. I do have...if I can recall the name...NoteTab or some such
already on my hard drive, so I'll try to look at the site with that later
on. It may be possible to clean it up that way.

You could create a template and use it for all your other/new pages.
NotePad comes with Windoze, and can be used to edit manually.
DO NOT, however, use WordPad - it will make a mess of things.

I agree with that. I wouldn't even use NotePad. It has some
surprisingly severe limitations that aren't apparent if you're just
writing 2 and 3K documents. There's a NotePad+ freeware substitute out
in networld somewhere that's installed as a substitute on every
computer I get my hands on. Far, far better than the native NotePad.

However, I now use EditPad Lite and it's almost everything I've wanted
in a text editor used for HTML coding.

I've downloaded probably four other editors, too, but I was already
ingrained with EditPad when I did, so didn't feel the overwhelming
urge to wring any of them out.

I, too, hand code all of my HTML. Obviously I maintain my own site
(below), but I also maintain ShopTours.org, and I code articles in the
Articles section at WoodCentral as well.

On my site, I have two or three templates that I use for most of the
various functions, so the 500+ files on site don't necessarily mean I
hand wrote every line of code for each. I mean I did, but the vast
majority of it was cut-and-paste of my original work.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net