Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default A mixed dozen of myths, verities and illogicals. You decide which.

"Bjarte Runderheim" wrote in message
Illogicality:
This one is asking for hurt eyes, or worse.
I have a cracked and dented faceshield to prove you wrong.

Or not.

I have 25 years of turning with glasses to match your mask. Of course, it's
because of the way I turn, where I never stand in the throw zone, drop,
don't launch shavings, and gave up quickly on techniques of roughing which
involved spur centers.

People who talk about needing a tight collar on their clothes to keep
shavings from going down their necks puzzle me as well. I only know a
couple of ways to do that, and both of them make for lousy cuts.

But, I admit to putting the faceshield away when the roghing
and the heavy work is done, and the dust becomes a problem.

Visibility is less distorted, that's for sure, and you can have any dressing
on your salad that you care to without gagging.