Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM

Default Who knows what a Tauchsieder is in English?

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 06:41:28 GMT, "soup" wrote:

MM wrote:
Many things are is dangerous if one doesn't take sufficient care.
Think: chain saw, electric drill, electric carving knife, electric
plane, and a 101 things besides.

All those things are on only when the operator has a hold of them
whereas the "beverage heater" is pretty much left to its own devices.

No worries. I'll just buy mine in Germany.

Will there not be voltage/plug type issues. Something at the back of my
mind says the voltage is more or less the same all over the EU. Fairly
trivial to change to a "British" plug but would it be worth it? "Spare"
plugs lying about? Would changing the plug invalidate any guarantee?
Do you care about any guarantee on such a low priced item?

My Dual hi-fi equipment, power drill, and several other electrical
items bought in Germany work fine in the UK. I'm not worried about a
guarantee on a low cost item like a Tauchsieder. By the way, the
*literal* translation is dip boiler or dipping boiler - you dip it
into the liquid (as opposed to a typical British immersion heater that
is installed in a water tank as a fixture).

If anyone is visiting Germany and I have now triggered an urge for
them to acquire such an amazing utensil for themselves, this is how
you ask for it: "towk zeeder" - sorry, I can't do the proper "ch"
sound in writing, but the shop should understand.

MM