Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

Default Honeywell Thermostat Problem

CBHVAC wrote:
"CJT" wrote in message
TURTLE wrote:

This is Turtle.

I can't see it from here but it sounds like a grounding of the
thermostat problem. Manual thermostats don't need these grounds but
digital does need these grounds to work properly.

Doesn't that depend on whether or not they are battery operated?

SOME battery stats still need a COMMON...not a ground..there is not a ground
on a stat, unless its a line voltage stat..
Also, Honeywell has admitted problems with several stats...the VisionPro
series is one now...
Here lately, I just install Robertshaw 9800 series, and so far, no
problems....for heat pumps in particular, the 9865i is a champ...looks good
too.

This is Turtle.

I see you corrected me on the working of ground on the thermostat as a
common and not a ground. Well slick the wire that I called a Ground
leaves the thermostat and goes to the common side of the 24 volt
transformer and then RIGHT OVER TO THE FRAME OF THE FURENACE TO A
GROUND LUG. So now slick what is it a Ground or a Common.

Now after all this correcting of myself you did nothing for the poster
but tell him a bunch of bull**** to think about. He did not want to
hear all this bull**** from you but what was wrong with it to get it
right and you did not answer anything for him but corrected me out of a
flame war over at alt.hvac.

Leave the Flame CORRECTING back at alt.hvac !

TURTLE