Leo Lichtman

Default Need Advice for Fabricating Engine Support Bridge

Tim Marciniak wrote: (clip) Is the ordinary garden variety of angle iron
from the hardware store ok. (clip)
There may be angle-iron available with special properties, but I wouldn't
bother. A job like this can be done with the kind of steel that is readily
available, and then you won't have to worry about special welding
techniques, However, I suggest you go to a steel company and buy a 20'
length. You will have a better choice of sizes, and will pay much less per
foot.

If you are worried about hauling it, a 20' length can be tied under a car
more easily than on top.