Posted to alt.home.repair
clifto

Default very confused-- Bleach vs. Mold

Jack wrote:
I am planning an attic mold cleanup-- Conventional wisdom is to use
bleach and water, but when I google it... I get a lot of hits saying
that it is a myth that Bleach kills mold.

The last place I lived (apartment) had windows that leaked incredibly
badly. After a few years there was mold inside the walls, which of
course got washed out and onto our carpet when it rained good. I asked
an amateur mycologist of my acquaintance how to get rid of it, and he
said, "bleach." When I said that's fine for the walls but would discolor
the carpet, he replied, "vinegar." Both worked.