Leo Lichtman

Default Need Advice for Fabricating Engine Support Bridge

Tim Marciniak wrote: (clip) I am thinking something tubular (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lets see if I can get a discussion started. Tubular would be fine, as would
a number of other shapes. I picture using angle iron to fit on the edges of
the engine compartment, next to the fenders (if you are in USA.) If you
have to buy a 20' length of angle, I suggest you weld two pieces together to
form a T-section, for the rest of the bridge. In other words, two 4' pieces
together would form the "bridge." Two one-foot pieces on each end, either
vertical or at about a 30 degree angle would give you the height. And, I
figure you can get it all out of one length of material, so that's all you
will have to buy. Any scraps that are left can be used to brace the
corners, if you want.

Probably 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 3/16 would be plenty strong, and still easy to
lift.