Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default high level cold water tank in loft

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 19:12:04 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

There are no mention of boiler connections and none are shown....

An indirect version can be specified, with either Part L or quick

recovery
coil.

Not mentioned on their web site that I could see. Do you have a
reference for that and the price?

Contact them.

Why should I? You made the assertion. You justify it.

Price? A long time ago but it was cheaper than a Megaflow.

I would hope it would be.

http://www.rcmgroup.co.uk/specialize...mpak/index.htm

Far more bulky than a cylinder 6 less than foot high.

That is rather overstating it.

No. Just look at the sizes. It is a cylinder that is les that 6 foot high
and quite slim too.

I did look at the sizes and not at the pictures.

The combi/shower is 1900mm high vs. the 2050mm of the formpak

The formpack is bulky that is clear. Look at the picture of both next to
each other.

It's a cut and paste job.

All of which is somewhat academic since the question really suggested
a coffin tank as the solution, since this will have the least cost.

You don't know if that is the solution at all.

Really?

From the original post...

"Has anybody got any links to sites
with cold water tanks which will fit high up in the ridge - I've
googled but can't find anything."

Please explain how the combi/shower fits that description as well as
the desire for minimum cost.

The great thing about the
combi/shower is that is can be fitted and when the boiler goes, a combi is
bought for the shower.

That would assume suitability of a combi for the application.

How is the hind leg collection coming along? You should have enough
to feed the entire tower block fairly soon....

--

..andy