Posted to uk.d-i-y
Henry

Default B&Q Rejecting Cash?

"Will Hay" wrote in message
Don't know if anyone else has had this experience recently but when I
tried
to buy some doors recently from my local B&Q in Leeds(On the ring road)
they
rejected some of the £20 notes I offered because the Queen's Head
watermark
was not dead centre in it's circle! The bank where I got the money from
told
me that the notes were absolutely genuine. While I was at B&Q I saw two
other people having their notes rejected. If I needed any additional
incentive not to shop at B&Q apart from the rip-off prices, this cavalier
humiliation of their customers is the final straw.

I suspect there has probably been a run of good quality dud notes in the
store and the staff have been bollocked by middle management for accepting
them.

Most likely the staff feel agrieved because the fakes notes are really good
and maybe not easily detected by the equipment at hand.

So the staff will now be acting to the letter of their new instruction
rejecting lots of legitimate notes for even minor faults thereby leading to
lots of complaints and maybe even a turndown in takings. Thus leading to
even higher management bollocking the middle management and so taking
pressure off the staff and maybe leading them being provided with decent
quality counterfit detection equipment.

Just a theory.

Henry