Steve

Default Any input on Miller welders?

"Desert Traveler" wrote in message news:z1KTa.24007$Ne.5736@fed1read03...
"mrbonaparte" wrote in message
news:jXJTa.23991$Ne.4865@fed1read03...
What is your source of info? Is it on Millers site? I'm interested

because
I am planning on buying a plasma torch soon. Thanks

Miller is an excellent maker of welding equipment. The only downside is
that they are currently embarking on a policy not to stock parts on

anything
older than ten years.

Lincoln is a good alternative.

Steve

It has been a source of discussion at sci.engr.joining.welding over the past
few weeks.

And there is currently a discussion of a question I put there about which
plasma torch to buy. Lincoln and Miller run third and fourth in that
discussion. I am a Lincoln fan, and like Miller, but would buy neither of
their plasma torches.

Steve

I have a Miller Spectrum 2050 and I love it. Plus, it has a Hypertherm
Torch on it direct from the factory. Mine sees *Hard* use in the shop
and has not missed a beat. -Steve