Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop

Default Repairing spectacles frame.

On 4 Dec 2005 10:04:41 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

| On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 23:11:10 UTC, Nobody wrote:
|
| On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 21:28:19 +0000, Chris Bacon
| wrote:
|
| Nobody wrote:
| Is it possible to just solder the parts together? My mum's have
| broken - the metal frame around one of the lenses split apart where it
| joins the brow (?) i.e. the bit that sits on the nose. Glueing has
| failed.
|
| Take it to a decent optician, who will be able to braze or
| silver solder it - if you get the metal too hot, it'll
| collapse, but you need to get it hot as ordinary solder is
| unlikely to be any good.
|

| Thanks for the advice, the dear lady has now produced a spare pair
| from out of the Tardis...oops, habdbag :-))
|
| The other pair will get repaired as suggested (opticians).
|
| Or a new pair:
|
| http://www.glassesdirect.co.uk
|
| starting at 17.50 including postage...
^^^^^^^^

If only I could get my varifocals at that price :-(

Having first had her eyes tested at an optician.
Free if over 60

http://www.thepensionservice.gov.uk/atoz/home.asp
Eye tests: If you are aged 60 or over, you can have free eye tests

with the NHS.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sick of Premium SMS scams,
SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?