Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Joe Fleming

Default A mixed dozen of myths, verities and illogicals. You decide which.

Arch,

Great list. No disagreements here. And a few more.............

Sharpening jigs slow me down. They might improve my grind a little,
but they take too long to use to be worth the effort.

Sanding papers can be reused successfully over and over and over as
long as you keep the gunk cleaned out. They don't get dull - just
clogged.

The thinner the better. Only really thin turning shows your mastery of
the craft.

My face shield is more of a hazard than a safety device because it has
too many specs of CA, dirt and grime that just won't come off. Its
safer when you can see more clearly.

Critcal comments about my work are unnecessary. I know when my piece
is good or not and I know why it is so. Public discussion adds no help
so keep the ctitiques to yourself.

Joe Fleming - San Diego