Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon

Default R.I.P.

"robo hippy" wrote in message
ups.com...
Tonight, with the screech of fried bearings, and a puff of smoke, my
$29.95 close quater drill died. The shaft coming out of the body had
gotten loose. I was sanding in both clock and counter clock wise. I
don't know how many bowls I got sanded with it, but a couple hundred
anyway, and 80 plus hours of time on it.

Sounds like you may have just fried the bearings. If there's no damage to
the drill body or signs of roasted windings, I'd get some replacement
bearings and probably run it as long as you did before. Of course, if
there's visible damage to the areas other than the bearings, well, so long
import!

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.