Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerald Ross

Default Conventional Cordless VSR Drill

Barry N. Turner wrote:
I'm using a conventional 9.6 volt Panasonic cordless drill for power sanding
with no complaints. Actually, it works pretty well. On the high range top
speed is 1500 rpm, which is plenty fast for sanding. I had the battery
rebuilt at a Batteries Plus for half the cost of a new one. Does anyone
else use a conventional drill for sanding?

Barry

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
The expensive drills also fail, mostly due to accumulation of sawdust
inside. Friends of mine have paid more for repairing them than the total
cost of your "economy-priced" drill.

I used a DeWalt 12v for a couple of years but got to thinking of the
sandpaper grit getting into it so got a B&D VSR tailed drill and it
works fine. I have an outlet just over the tailstock which makes it
convenient. Never felt the need for an angled drill.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Got kleptomania?? Take something for it!