Posted to rec.woodworking
Never Enough Money

Default Router Lift versus Above-the-table height adjustment

This came up as part of anothe rone of my post called "Precision Router
Lift versus Quick Lift:"

In that thread it was pointed out that buying the big Milwaulkee router
or a Trinton would give one the ability to lift the router without
having to buy both a router and a lift.

It's my understanding that a router lift is extremely acurate (0.001
inch) and smooth to operate whereas the built in above the table
adjustments are accurate to only 1/64'th inch (0.015").

In my case, I already own a Porter-Cable 7519 so I could
1) Continue to adjust from under the table and save the money.
2) Buy a nice router lift like the PRL.
3) Buy a nice Milwaulkee 3.5 HP router with the height adjustment built
in for about the same price as the #2 option.

What say y'all?