Posted to rec.woodworking
Never Enough Money

Default Precision Router Lift versus Quick Lift

according the the Woodpecker's web page, the PRL can be adjusted on
0,001 inch incrments. According to the Amazom description of the
Milwaulkee, it can be adjusted in incrments of 1/64'ts of an inch which
o s0.15 inches. If I have interpreted this correctly, it means the PRL
is 15 times more accurate. Now the question is, Is 0.15 good enough for
woodworking. I'd gues most readers of this would say yes.....

Never Enough Money wrote:
Oh yes, I realize new routers have a crank mechanism for above the
table height adjustment BUT I already own a Porter-Cable 7519. That
said, I've also heard that the Milwaukee and the Triton above the table
height adjustment is not nearly as accurat as the PRL. Am I wrng?

Leon wrote:
"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
oups.com...
Abybody know hat the differences are between the Woodpeckers' Precision
Router Lift (PRL) and their Quick Lifts? Looks like the PRK is beefier
and probably a little more acurate.....

For reference: http://www.woodpeck.com/liftshome.html

Do you realize that you can buy a new large Milwaukee or either sized Triton
router for about the price of the more expensive lift and both of those
routers will do what you want the lift to do?