Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to prevent exposure to elements?

I have begun to repair the rotted wood on sills, etc. before getting
replacement windows. At present, I have large gaps waiting to be
filled or repaired. I live in the north east. The cold air outside
creates condensation which accumulates at the inside corner window and
travels outward to the gaping hole where I had just scraped out rotted
wood. I have been advised not to fill and prime until the weather is
warmer. Is there a way to prevent these newly scraped gaps from
exposure to cold and rain and to prevent condensation collecting until
I have the windows replaced? (could be a few months) If not, moisture
which will surely add to my rot problem. Will I have to start the sill
repairs over again?