Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim

Default How much to pay for a decent snowblower

Commodore Joe Redcloud© wrote:

During the busy season, if a "Home Depot" snowblower shows up at the
Tractor dealer with a problem, and an hour later I bring in the one I
bought from the tractor store, who do you suppose will get their
snow thrower back first?

Once upon a time I believed that was the case. Where I am we have lawn
and garden retailers. Purchase a mower from them and expect better
service. Truth is you'll still wait until their bread and butter
commercial customers have been taken care off. Bet the same holds true
in the winter season with snow throwers.

I purchased an MTD snow thrower 9 years ago at COSTCO. So far it has
been serving me fine. Regular oil changes and lubrication helps. So
does not pushing through a drift when the system is already bogging down
from the load. Let any machine remain working at it's optimum speeds
and chances are they'll last much longer.