Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Ceiling fan not working

" Hilltop Cycle ATV" wrote in message
My wife noticed my son's ceiling fan was moving VERY slowly on night when

he
had it on. The she shut it off, the next day I went to check it out and
nothing happens now. I can just hear a very slight hum from the motor when
it is turned on. WHat might be wrong ? Do these fan motors go out alot ?
I have since, made sure the fan part is turned off and removed the pull
chain from the switch so he can't turn it on.
Thanks,
Raz

Another suggestion. Most fans I have seen have 3 or more speeds and a
forward and reverse.
Have you checked other positions?

I have had one fan in my life do this. Motors do go out.