Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default R.I.P.

On 2 Dec 2005 23:55:14 -0800, "robo hippy" wrote:

Tonight, with the screech of fried bearings, and a puff of smoke, my
$29.95 close quater drill died. The shaft coming out of the body had
gotten loose. I was sanding in both clock and counter clock wise. I
don't know how many bowls I got sanded with it, but a couple hundred
anyway, and 80 plus hours of time on it.
Did I get my money worth out of it? Yes!
Is it as good as the Milwaukee and Sioux? No!
Would I buy it again if it was half the price of the S/M drills?
Possibly.
Will I buy it again? Yes. I can't burn up just one and consider the
test conclusive.
At about 1/5th the price of the S/M drills, I think that it is a good
buy and a bargain, especially if you are more recreational with your
turning. Even with production work, I still think it is a good buy.
robo hippy

I got mine about the same time that you did... It's done a great job on a lot of
bowls, using 2" and 3" sanding disks and never complaining...
For less than $30 including shipping, I'll buy one (or 2) again and probably
will...

IMO, it's better than buying the brand name and worrying about burning IT up..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing