Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken

Default Ceiling fan not working

Hilltop Cycle ATV wrote:
My wife noticed my son's ceiling fan was moving VERY slowly on night when he
had it on. The she shut it off, the next day I went to check it out and
nothing happens now. I can just hear a very slight hum from the motor when
it is turned on. WHat might be wrong ? Do these fan motors go out alot ?
I have since, made sure the fan part is turned off and removed the pull
chain from the switch so he can't turn it on.
Thanks,
Raz

I hope this fan is NOT on a dimmer switch? Only two things could
account for the slow movement, (assuming the fan speed is set correctly)
low voltage to the fan or a bad fan.