Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Derek Andrews

Default Help .. Wood burning/pyrography

William B Noble (don't reply to this address) wrote:
it may be a great tip, but it won't work very well, I'm afraid. you
need thicker wire - at least the wire in MY toaster is flat. also,
your pyrography pen runs about a volt (maybe 2 or 3) across the tip,
your toaster runs 110(or 220) across the heater

Yes, but in a toaster you have 110V across a long piece of wire. The
razertip only uses about an inch, so you may get just as much current.

But I do agree that some experimention may be needed, or better still
some scientific forethought and a multimeter. Darrell no doubt places
his trust in God when wiring up electric circuits Others may want to
excercise more caution.

Personally I have found the ready made tips last for years.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
http://chipshop.blogspot.com - a blog for my customers