Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Atty

Default Refused plannig permission for driveway

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 04:20:57 -0000, Rob Morley
wrote:

In article , owain47125
says...
Nobody wrote:
It was recently refused due
to the highways dept stating that there was no way we could turn our
car round in the room provided
Why do you have to turn it around anyway?

Because you're not allowed to / the highways dept don't like you to
reverse your car on to a main road.

So reverse in rather than reversing out - easier for unloading the
shopping too.

You don't have the choice. I went and looked at the original planning
file for converting this place into a house from the planning office and
making it possible to turn a car round was a condition of the planning
permission.

Mind you, it was on the A46 then.
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)