Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Noon-Air

Default gas smell from a plastic vent connected to the gas meter

They must think that their gas leak problem is from eating at Taco Bell

"Geoman1" Geo1 wrote in message
Can you believe these replies?
I'm surprised more people aren't dead!

Rich

wrote in message
Preferably at 2 AM.

On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:49:49 GMT, "Kitep"
wrote:

I've noticed you've gotten answers both ways. Maybe you should sniff the
gas vent at a couple of neighbors and see if it's happening everywhere or
just at your place.

wrote in message
egroups.com...
Today, while my kid was playing outside. He noticed a little bit of gas
smell coming out of a little plastic pipe/vent connected to the gas
meter. On top of the plastic thing, it labels "gas vent". It has a
metal screen inside.

What is this "gas vent" for? Is it normal for it to have some gas
smell?

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/