Jerry Wass

Default MagLite with frozen battery

1: Procure a piece of thinwall tubing 6-8" long-slightly smaller than the
battery.
2:-File or Dremelize some teeth in the bottom end---not the top end! you want
chuck the top end in your drill press! If you have room, tape a strip of
paper
to the tube about an 1-1/2" above the end, wrap it around the tube in the
same direction your drill will be turning--do not expose the tape, it just
gets gummy.
3: Drill a little, shake a little--just don't drill too much.
This will relieve the internal pressure that is causing the little ba@#$#d
to stick

silver wrote:

what make of battery was it I had a five "d" cell maglite with
coppertop batteries and duracell replaced the torch (they garrantee
their batteries) and it was the battery closest to the bulb (murphies
law again I spose)
best rgds
silver

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:50:51 GMT, "Charles Friedman"
was bump'n their gums abowt:

I know that this never happens to any of you, but it did to me!

I have a small (AA size) maglite that has a corroded battery stuck in the
bottom. The top piece where the bulb inserts says do not remove, so I do
not have access to the bottom of the battery. I have scraped out all the
corrosion that I can reach, and tapped the hell out of the case, but no
movement. Can anyone suggest a nondestructive way (to the case) of
removing the battery?

Never drive Faster than your Gardian Angel can Fly