Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.energy.homepower
JoeSP

Default Water heater wiring for generator hookup and to 120 VAC power?

"Ignoramus5455" wrote in message
On 30 Nov 2005 20:09:30 -0800, wrote:
Big system. How many KW? Can you talk over it? How much did the
entire project cost.

It is rated for 7 kW, and can produce that continuously 24x7. It can
produce a little more than that, I tried it at 7.5 kW, it produced
that much as well.

My generator is 67 db and it cost $269.95 at Pep Boys is at the other
end of the bell curve..

For these little ones, actually piping exhaust out may not be easy.

Plus, does it pay off to work so hard to make an exhaust piping system
for something that may not be likely to live long.

I can talk over it when it is running. It sits on tubber shock mounts
and hardly vibrates.

That's very, very nice. Mine produces 75 dB after I built an enclosure
around it.

I consider it disposeable and intend to use it less than 100 hours per
year.

Then perhaps making an elaborate system for it is not warranted?

Your gen can suck my gen in and spit it out the other end.

I really, really like this genset, it is one of my favorite things.

Good grief, anyone who goes off-grid and thinks they can make it all up with
a cheap generator is sadly mistaken.