Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G.

Default How much to pay for a decent snowblower

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:31:11 GMT,
" wrote:

I've never owned a snowblower...I've always shoveled.
But we have a pretty huge driveway now.

The price range for snowblowers is pretty big.
Anyone know how much I need to spend for a durable, reliable machine?

===============
Really depends on Location location & location PLUS how big a drive
you will need to clear....

I have owned a Simplicitry 8Hp snow blower for over 10 years now...in
fact just woke it up this morning and brought it up to the house .
and it fired right up did not even turn over twice before it was
running...

It was not cheap...(slightly over $1,000) but it has been mostly
trouble free... and the few times I had problems the Farm Machenry
dealer had it "fixed" and working within a few hours... they will pick
up and deliver within 10 miles free...

I always recommend a dealer who has on site repair shops like Farm
Equiptment dealers etc... Home Depot, Sears and Lowes do not get any
of my business for lawn and garden equiptment...

I figure my cost is now about 100 bucks a year (and dropping) plus I
have not had another heart attack shoveling snow

Bob G.