Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default How to cut 1cm off end of Ikea wooden blinds

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

PS. I did the same 'project' as part of my engineering apprenticeship in
the late 70's

That's a project?
I had to file a gauge to 3thou and then make a "c" clamp from a square or
metal 1/2" thick including turning and threading the screw for my O level.
I didn't realise engineering was being dumbed down like the rest of the
GCSEs these days. ;-)

That's why I put project in inverted commas! I didn't see the point of it
at the time but I was only 16. It sure taught me how to use different
grades of hand files correctly though. We went on to make a full set of
hand tools, including the toolbox to put them all in. I still have it and
get it out every so often to have a look at them. My son (6 years old)
cannot believe I made them especially the vice.

Cheers

John