Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob G.

Default How much to pay for a decent snowblower

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:31:11 GMT,
" wrote:

I've never owned a snowblower...I've always shoveled.
But we have a pretty huge driveway now.

The price range for snowblowers is pretty big.
Anyone know how much I need to spend for a durable, reliable machine?

Location Location Location.... I may live n Florida and have a much
bigger driveway they you do...BUT I bet my snowblower needs are a
little different then yours....

I actually live in Western Maryland and my driveway is only about 200
foot long and I do not get very many snowfalls over 6 to 7
inches...and I do not have to get out of the driveway to go to work
etc,..I can let it melt if I want to...

But generally I would be recommend buying form a Farm Machinery
Dealer, ..
not a Home Depot or Lowes or Sears....

Buyt from a dealer who does his own service..John Deere/ Gravely/
Simplicity/Ford/ etc are examples of machines I looked at.... Can Not
remember what I paid for it YEARS ago... but I can tell you it has
been worth every penny...

Bob G