PrecisionMachinist

Default OT Water dispensor not working (refrigerator)

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
Yep, water dispensor in the side-by-side (two door) refer stopped working
about a week ago. The ice maker puts out plenty, therfore I know we have

good water connection. Can't for the life of me figure out how the water
gets to the door. (Sears Kenmore reefer). When you open the door, the

only
connection between door and refer is the upper and lower hinge. Both

hinges
are way to small for a water passage. So, how does the water reach the
door?

Any ideas, so I can fix this, would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ivan Vegvary

Water is supplied through a tube that runs through the lower hinge pin
center.

There is a lock switch in the dispenser that will shut the flow
off........It is to the right of the ice lever in the door--So small kids
wont make a mess.......Get on your knees with the door shut and look up
there with a flashlight where the ice comes out..You should find a lock
switch, flick it the other way...........

HTH

--

SVL